Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Apple Recipes From The Charm of Home

Apple Recipes: The Charm of Home
Today I thought I would make a round-up of  the apple recipes I have shared on this blog.  Many of them are family recipes that I make year after year.

Recession-era Apple Crisp: The Charm of Home
  This is Recession-Era Apple Crisp.  A recipe from my mother-in-law that has been made in the family for years.

Apple Crumb Pie: The Charm of Home
This is Apple Crumb Pie from my great aunt.  A winner that is so easy to put together.

Caramel Apple Cake: The Charm of Home
This is Caramel Apple Cake.  This recipe has had more views on  the blog than anything else.  I have made this recipe for my children for years and it is always loved.  It is easy and it can feed a crowd.  A little goes a long way because it is so rich.

Butternut Bisque: The Charm of Home
My absolute favorite fall soup is Butternut Bisque.  It has two green apples in it.  This soup I have served my family for years. 

Mulled Apple Cider: The Charm of Home
This is Mulled Cider.  I have also made this for years and my sons love it! 

Thyme Sauteed Pork Chops with Apples: The Charm of Home
This is one of my favorite fall suppers.  Thyme Sauteed Pork Chops with Apples

Apple-Stuffed Grilled Pork Chops: The Charm of Home
It is still warm enough to grill.  This is another savory favorite; Apple-Stuffed Grilled Pork Chops

Dutch Apple Cake: The Charm of Home
This recipe is simple but visually really pretty.  Suprisingly, it is another depression-era recipe; Dutch Apple Cake.

Blackberry Apple Skillet Pie: The Charm of Home
Blackberries paired with apples is a delight in Blackberry Apple Skillet Pie.

Rustic Apple Cider Pie: The Charm of Home
Another flavor of fall that is a family favorite, Rustic Apple Cider Pie.

Chunky Apple Walnut Cake with Caramel Glaze:Charm of Home
Another delicious cake with chunky bits of apples and walnuts.  This recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks; Chunky Apple Walnut Cake with a Caramel Glaze.

That is my top apple recipes that I have shared on this blog.  They usually are not too expensive and I generally have the ingredients already in my pantry.  That is my favorite kind of recipe!  
Enjoy! 

Sherry

I will link with these parties:

Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Tickle My Taste Buds Tuesdays at Lori's Culinary Creation
Foodie Friends Friday at Walking on Sunshine
Meal Plan Monday at Southern Plate

6 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Well, this is a very nice post filled with all the apple special post! I am going to check out that apple caramel cake.
Yummy... Roxy

janice15 said...

O my I went threw all the recipes they are lovely. I wrote most of them down. I don't have a prnter at the moment.. Love the first pie.. And the pork chops I want to make them all for my family. Thank you for sharing them all. Hapoy Fall and new week with love Janice

Sandra said...

We love apples, so I´ll try all your recipes.
Thank you for sharing.
Love from Spain!

quakerhillfarm said...

They all look so delicious it would be hard to decide which one to make first!

Cynthia said...

Sherry, fantastic recipes. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to try many of these

Cindy

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love apple recipes, it was nice of you to gather them all in one post!